The Planning Process
We provide a complete wind turbine planning solution, from site feasibility and screening to full planning applications.
We are experts in our field and carry out planning applications across the whole of the UK. As well as carrying out work for our own clients we work for a number of developers who trust our expertise and knowledge to give them quick results.
If you choose to work with Capture we will make your life simple, and work quickly to gain you consent.
- Free Initial Site Assessment Complete the contact form and we will carry out an initial site assessment for free. We will give you an indication of what turbine might be appropriate, where it could be located, estimated output and budget costs.
- Feasibility & Screening. At this stage we will take a more detailed look at planning constraints, including aviation assessments and grid connection applications. We will submit an application for a screening opinion to your local planning department for site specific comments.
- Pre-planning work Occasionally the feasibility study suggests that one particular area of your application is high risk. We would then try to resolve this issue before proceeding with a planning application.
- Planning Application It is important that your planning application is completed to the highest possible standard to ensure success in a timely manner. We carry out all elements of the planning application, including organising mandatory public consultation events.
- Appeal Most sites are successful at the planning stage, however sometimes (especially with the larger 500kW turbine), applications have to go to appeal. We work closely with legal experts to draft your planning appeal documentation.